[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Vintage Popular Underrated Need-to-Know Posts

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*


Can I brag? Wait, why should I ask for permission? After all, everyone else seems to brag about their great beauty hauls and great swag on their blogs and YouTube.  I have neither to brag about.  I just want feel proud for writing so many non-review beauty posts in my 6 years of blogging.  Mind you, they were not easy; I wrote them to keep this blog alive which sometimes leads to stupid misadventures.

I love how makeup and the pigments in your skin interact.  I love how makeup interacts with one's facial and bone structure.  I love how lighting will affect the makeup.  I love to see the complexity of the pigments mix with all the elements mentioned.  I love how certain makeup products have truly evolved into true HD products.  And, I absolutely LOVE how I have gotten to know many of my readers. 

That is the best part!

For those of you who are new (Welcome to the blog!) and for those of you who might have missed some of my posts. Here are a few I have chosen because they need a good shout out!

The anatomical differences between Asian and Occidental eyes are important to know, especially if you are a makeup artist.  Here are a couple of posts which will help you understand.

Asian & Caucasian Anatomy



Using an eye makeup remover as an eyeliner sealant. I do this all the time!  I don't own an eyeliner sealant any more because I find my eye makeup remover works fine.  I wish I could take credit for this but I learned it pre-internet and forgot who taught me.  I am so ashamed!  Anyway, to the person who taught me this trick, thank you!

Eyeliner Sealant



Yes, my favorite posts because the truth shows up so clearly on google search!  My Depot with Floss or Depot Without Heat post(s).  My simple way of depotting when I was a teen because I couldn't think of any other way to depot them back in the late 70's/early 80's.  And, back then there was no flat floss, I used the regular version!

Depot with Floss!!!!!



Understanding your orbital ridge.  I can't do makeup if I don't know eye anatomy.  And, that should go for all of you especially if you are not bouncy as a spring chicken!  To understand eyeshadow application better, your orbital ridge is important.

Orbiting the Ridge



How to apply winged eyeliner so it lifts the eyes. I love the winged eyeliner look but as one gets older, the simple flick at the end of the eyes doesn't look right.  This is why I prefer the technique which lifts the eyes.

Witchy Eyes



Shaping the face

Contouring and highlighting is a very personalized technique.  Every face is different and the basics are to understand how and where to do each.



RCMA foundation has been the reliable foundation for many decades.  This is the foundation Hollywood has depended on because of its high pigment content and variety of colors.  If you haven't tried it, then you don't know what pro foundation is.

RCMA



The guide that leads the people to my blog, my Definitive Haircolor guide.  Yes, this guide has changed my blog.  It has put it into auto-pilot of sorts.   If I did nothing, I would still get a fair number of hits.  The topics I have written have also opened my eyes to hair color via the eyes of the consumer, there needs to be an easier way of understanding and choosing the right color.

Hair Color



Last but not least, two products which have changed my perspective on makeup completely and really has allowed me to ignore much of the hype surrounding other beauty products.  These are truly two of my Holy Grail beauty products.

Skin Illustrator Products



If you never read these posts, please take a look at them.  I try to explain as plain as possible.  If you don't understand something, please leave a comment or drop a line.  By the way, you can always drop me a line by asking me a beauty question via Ask the Q-Tip in the subject line.


And, if I ever win the lottery, I am going to buy myself the biggest bag of beauty products for myself and just brag, brag, brag!  Okay, not really, I will probably go off and relax on a desert island somewhere!

Until I roll in the dough, please take a moment to mention this post.  Word of mouth is the best PR for this blog!

XOXO,

Olivia

Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact