[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Unknown Beauty Blog Top Ten Beauty Products of 2015

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you read this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*
*PR Samples are stated.



I chose my Top Ten from brands which really work for the customers ranging from the maturely beautiful wise-owl women to the youthful down-feathered spring chickens.  The following ten products are in no particular order.

None of them bribed me with $$$ or free trips to be on the list.


Westmore Beauty Coverage Perfector Foundation


1. Westmore Beauty Coverage Perfector Foundation (PR Sample) - This is the foundation which made my makeup look good in the summer heat! Practically sweatproof and waterproof, this pigmented foundation created by McKenzie Westmore (of the legendary Hollywood Westmores) bridges the gap between pro and consumer brand foundations.  I hope this line expands with more foundation colors and more products.  Also, this product has been Wise Owl Approved. Please, check out the review and the comic strip created for it by Aldona!

MAQpro Julia Carta Luminizing Highlighting Palette


2. Le Maquillage (MAQpro) Julia Carta Luminizing Highlighting Palette - Speaking of Aldona, even though she reviewed this palette, I know it is an excellent one.  MAQpro doesn't create many disappointing products.  The ingredients they use are high quality and refined.  They actually manufacture their own products which means they have a major say in the quality control.

Senna Sketch-A-Brow Pencil


3. Senna Sketch-A-Brow Pencil - A good brow pencil is hard to find especially when it comes to texture and the ease of application, this one by Senna Cosmetics is a great example.  The pencil isn't too hard or waxy yet it can draw realistic and non-scary brows!  The pencil also works great as one for drawing brow guides which blend easily into makeup.  This one also happens to be Wise Owl Approved.

Kensington Apothecary Rose Oil Cleanser


4. Kensington Apothecary Rose Oil Cleanser (PR Sample) - It is always nice to have a cleanser do its job by removing even the most stubborn makeup and still leave one feeling pampered.  This one has the lovely smell of roses and not to mention rose oil for that touch of femininity.

Reviva Labs Eye Makeup Remover Gel


5. Reviva Labs Eye Makeup Remover Gel (PR Sample) - For all the eye makeup removers I have tried, this is the MOST NON-IRRITATING eye makeup remover I have ever used.  No stinging of the eyes or any dryness of the skin around the eyes.  Did I mention in a pinch this can be used as a mixing medium for loose powder eyeshadows?

Forever Puff


6. Forever Puff - This has been my all around powder puff this year.  I have used it for liquids, creams, and powders.  When it gets dirty, I just throw it into the washing machine.  This is one versatile puff and I need a complete family of these!

Overall Beauty Mineral Eyeshadows


7. Overall Beauty Mineral Eyeshadows (PR Sample) - This is an indie line created by Kim Snyder.  She creates and puts her soul into every color.  What I like about this line is the many neutral colored eyeshadows.  There are several and you will be wanting them all!  My favorite is Café Shimmer.

Veil Illuminating Complexion Fix


8. Veil Illuminating Complexion Fix (PR sample) - Olivia Sr. gave her Wise Owl approval on this product.  She actually finished this product too!  She told me it is one of the best highlighter/concealer/eyeshadow base product.  Smooth in texture and easy to apply, just a dream for anyone mature or young.  She found it much better than the chi chi brand which starts with a "Y" and has the initals "S" and "L" following it.

Fusion of Color Cosmetics Brite Eyes


9. Fusion of Color Cosmetics Brite Eyes - Thanks to Aldona, I have become addicted to this powder.  In fact, I love this powder more than any of the big cosmetic counter brands.  Smooth, light diffusing, non-drying, brightening, concealing; this powder isn't just for the eye area.  It can be used all over.  I bought the big size but I think Kathy needs to come out with a GIANT size! By the way, this powder is also Wise Owl Approved.

Skin Tone Pigments


10. Skin Tone Pigments from DIY Cosmetics - These pigments are really sold on DIY's sister site.  I know this isn't the usual ready-made beauty product but I have to rave about these pigments because they can turn any boring makeup into a duochrome of naturalness.  The base of most of these are beige and when a light hits them at a certain angle, a shot of color appears.  I use these to mix from everything from hair products to foundation.  I have even used them to create my own little collection of eyeshadows for myself.

These are my TOP TEN PRODUCTS of 2015.   I know they aren't the usual group of hyped up products but you will run into those all the time whether you want to or not.  These are hidden gems or treasures in the beauty mine which deserve your attention.

XOXO,


Olivia

Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact