[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Agony and Ecstasy of Eyeshadow Application


If you haven't read my last post, Aldona is helping me with an eyeshadow enigma.  My brain has been working overtime on a tutorial which would make eyes look bigger and better than ever.  The hardest part is adapting or modifying it to suit the life of the everyday makeup lover.


Makeup is all an illusion, the direction or misdirection of light and shadow.  Sounds easy but it is more complicated because these colors in addition to others have a pattern.  A pattern which catches the light and dark in the most perfect way, making every face look good.  This goes for eye makeup.  But this pattern wouldn't work in real life unless you had a gaffer (qualified lighting technician) following your every step.  What looks illuminated is dark and unwearable.  What looks blended has many stripes.  So how do I simplify what is hard and unwearable into something easy?

Believe me, I have perused through millions, okay I am exaggerating, thousands of pictures of me, Olivia Sr., and Aldona.  The makeup applications were documented as reference.  What was wrong wasn't really wrong, but not quite right.  What worked through the camera lens did not look great in real life.

Then there were these bright times when something worked but I didn't move forward.  What worked was so outrageous that it was scrapped for failure instead. It just wouldn’t fly with the average “beauty guru” bandwagon. Instead, I would just be heckled into a makeup corner, only to be forgotten then plagiarized by some idiot again!

Over and over my brain tried to simplify what shouldn’t be simplified.  I began to see the patterns on the eyelids.  Maybe, it was the Fibonacci Sequence or the Pythagorean Theorem which could work on the eyes, somehow.  Or maybe it was just two parallel lines cut by a transverse only to create opposite angles which were equal.  I don't know!  Then, I began to see the string pattern of Jacob's Ladder.  Yes, I was seeing things that shouldn't be there.  If I stared long enough, I probably would have seen the pattern of Jesus on the the eyelid!  Amen to that right?

Agony & Ecstasy


Is there a solution?  Is it possible?  Let's just say, Olivia Sr. has tried one method and it has worked out pretty well.  You know how it is, if it doesn't work out for her, it will not work out for everyone else. 

What does this involve? It involves thinking outside the box.  It involves getting rid of your old habits.  That alone is hard because I even have trouble with that.  Tips are easily remembered but tricks are hard to adapt to!

With a bit more tweaking with the pattern with the ease of application, this tutorial should work on anyone of any age and not just the spring chickens.  It should make you look like you but better.  It should make you feel comfortable and not like some tart on a corner!

What you will have to do is think outside the box!!!(reemphasized)

You know me, I don't follow fads, I follow what works no matter how unpopular it is!!!!

So, give me more time and I will try to get this tutorial tweaked to perfection!



Olivia

Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives