[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

A Special Post for My Cult Members - My True Meaning of Beauty

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. if you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*


First, I am not looking for any sympathy whatsoever. I am just here to tell you my true feelings about my beauty space in this virtual world. 

My brain yearned to be cleared free of any beauty news from the virtual world.  Why?  You could say I had enough!  I just got sick and tired of looking at beauty or makeup products.   

It all started back in November in this post, I had to deal with the idiot scraper and since it was close to the holidays, it took awhile for the DMCA request to go through, and not to mention posting every single post that had been copied which was over 300 of them!!!  Then, out of pure luck, I caught the person in the act trying to scrape the blog again under a different URL!  I was so angry and (hoped) I blocked him.  (Don't ask me how to do this since it takes some technical stuff which I am not good at explaining.)

Then, I thought all would be great after the holidays.  I actually thought I got over the plagiarism, but February rolled around and that was the month my grandmother died years and years ago.  I looked at the sewing kit and all I could think about were these memories of me and her.  Maybe, I was thinking of my own mortality, after all I am not some 30 year old acting like an idiot on youtube. (Yes, that is a snarky comment.) I have become old and aged like a piece of beef!

I thought I could forget about the plagiarism (and libel).  I could have filed a copyright infringement, but what I hated about that was MY ADDRESS would be given to the accuser!

So, instead, I contacted one of the sponsors or affiliates which happens to be Nordstrom. I contacted them because of this clause:

9. Responsibility for Your Site. You are solely responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of your Site and for all materials that appear on your Site, including, but not limited to (a) the Special Links; (b) ensuring all banners, text links, individual product links and search box ads (hereinafter the "Creatives") are up to date with what is offered in the Nordstrom Create Links page of Rakuten requires customers to login first; (c) ensuring all Creatives work effectively and link directly to Nordstrom.com, unless your Site requires otherwise; (d) the accuracy and appropriateness of materials posted on your Site (including but not limited to all product-related materials), (e) ensuring that materials posted on your Site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights); (f) ensuring that materials posted on your Site are not libelous or unlawful, or do not violate any provision of this Agreement, and (g) compliance with all applicable national, state, regional and local laws and regulations.
We disclaim all liability for the matters stated in this Section 9. Further, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, damages and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) relating to the content development, operation, maintenance and contents of your Site or any breach of your obligations under this Agreement.


In my mind,  I wished this to be a successful attempt for some closure.  However, in my gut, I knew nothing would happen.  Nordstrom thought I was just some disgruntled teen with a stupid beauty blog trying to get back at someone.  They glanced at the link but never read it because their visitation length wasn't long enough.

This told me, I have no rights with my work especially since I don't have a big following or have minions blowing smoke up my ass.  I am insignificant as a beauty blogger, however, as a Nordstrom customer, I can only do one thing: boycott the store.  I know that is, in a sense stupid, but I really don't need to shop there anyway. I also have the right to boycott the other sponsors and affiliates (Sigma Beauty, Sephora, etc).


For now, at least, I always have proof of the plagiarism and libel because everything on the internet is found somewhere on it even when that person deletes it!!

This being said, I couldn't move forward with the tutorial, I kept thinking I have no ownership of what I put on this blog because I am not a YouTuber.  I am not some video potato trying to get the attention of the many makeup brands and sponsors.  I am just someone who blogs about beauty the best she can.  And, not to mention with very little help from brands.

Yes, I wasn't over the plagiarism.  Then, I had an epiphany which I can't explain, but it happened when I was rewatching the first season of Daredevil. (This happens to be one of my fave Marvel brand shows, I am usually a DC Comic fan.)  I guess my head finally popped all the beauty bubble thoughts and the road of clarity finally came into view.

The beauty of this blog has to do with the memories I give people or what my cult members give me.  That is what my grandmother did and the sewing kit was just some concrete item that connects me to her when in actuality it is what my brain holds that really matters!!!

In my many years of blogging, I can remember certain moments and comments because of all of you.  You make a significant dent in my brain!  This is what makes blogging priceless because it becomes part of my memory FOREVER!!!  No one can take that away!

This brings me back to the products and brands.  With the fast weekly new products coming out, I don't remember them leaving many memories.  Yet, I went back in my brain and tried to remember the last brand I really wanted to try more from but never had the chance to.  I found it and, sadly that line has become a distant memory.

As for my makeup memories, I have to thank Aldona, Deborah, and Gail for creating some for me and helping also.  Gail, Olivia Sr. would approve of any makeup look you like as long as YOU feel happy with it!!!  Happiness is what creates the memories and if that can spark a light in your soul, that is all that matters!!!

I have realized the goal of this blog even if I don't have much to say in product or brands, is to create memories for someone, and hopefully happy ones.  If I haven't, then please tell me and I will work on becoming better in that area.

XOXO,

Olivia

Edited to add: For those wondering about my post on MakeupAlley, here is one from way back in 2008.  As I mentioned in this post, I took it down before I started this blog which was in 2009! Source link here.




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact