[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Deconstruction and Disappointment: Mally Beauty 4K Ultra HD Fantasy Foundation

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*PR sample.*


This is a deconstructed or the destruction of a beauty product from a major beauty line.  Considering I was all excited to try for the first time an actual beauty product from Mally Beauty. I thought my beauty blogging struggling days of 7 years were over!  I waited impatiently for the beauty item!

You see, being on the bottom rung of the beauty blogging ladder means I have a better chance of winning a game of  Rock, Paper, Scissors with myself than to sample makeup products from major lines.  Getting a chance to even sample ONE makeup product from a line is a major event for me!  I waited with as much anticipation I had for a bottle of Heinz ketchup to pour.


But I never thought I would get leftovers!


I received this item in a padded envelope but no extra bubble wrap and unboxed.  You pretty much know what that means when it comes to pressed powder makeup.  Yes, it would crumble.  I had to place the product in a plastic bag because it was just a complete mess!


Since the envelope inside was a mess and none of the product could be sanitized, I decided not to try it on my face.  The last time I did do something similar, I ended up with an itchy and swollen face from some type of contamination or just plain irritation. Better to be safe than sorry.

Check out This Cat is Dandy - A Marketing Footnote

For what it was worth, the Mally Beauty 4K Ultra HD Fantasy Foundation -$33 (that is a mouthful to say) was a very finely milled powder foundation. With ingredients of silica, nylon-12, and the moisturizing oil of coconut, this powder foundation could have been very friendly on mature skin.  In fact, I was all ready for Olivia Sr. to test it out, but that had to be scrapped.  We will never know if it were to be Wise Owl Approved.


With what I could salvage, all I could conclude were the following. From the swatch I applied on my arm, the color I chose was medium.  I could have gone for the light but felt since it was summer medium could do.  It is a bit dark for my skin.  As for the texture of the powder, this is one of the most lightweight powder foundations I have ever felt.  Coverage would vary from sheer to about medium opacity.

Check out: Beauty Brands to PR: Makeup Envy to Free Makeup


This powder could have been the easy-to-use powder foundation for me, similar to the mineral powder but only pressed.  Lightweight and smooth, I am sure many generations of makeup junkies would have loved it.  However, with the destruction of the product.  I cannot give it my love and approval.

With an  unhappy face, I had to toss it straight into the  trash and give it a  thumbs down.  Back to climbing up that beauty blogging ladder.  Update: Never received replacement.


xoxo,
Olivia


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact