[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Chance of a Lifetime for a Z-Listed Beauty Blog - Koh Gen Do

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I bet you think I am one lucky beauty blogger.  Koh Gen Do makeup!! Wow!  Well, you can guess all you want, so read on about my adventure and what the makeup force had in store for me.

I recently decided that this blog has nothing to lose.  I figured if I am on the very bottom rung of the beauty blogging ladder, falling down isn't going to hurt.  So, I noticed all these emails from a PR company and looked up the website.  They represented Koh Gen Do, you know the Japanese brand loved by many.  Anyway, I wrote back to the sweet PR person out of curiosity.

Check out: Misadventures in Beauty Blogging - When a Brand Wants Free Advertisement

Here is my email and noticed how I misspelled Koh Gen Do and changed it to Doh.  Don't watch The Simpsons or any South Park shows the night before, puts you in a dumb state of mind sometimes! I am not saying I am some intelligent physicist either.

Hi D****,

Indulge me for a minute.  I noticed your PR company represents Koh Gen Doh, a brand which I am familiar with due to my Japanese background and due to the fact I remember it starting way back in the 80's.  Yes, I am that old.  My blog is old too but gets very little love from many brands due to its cult and intelligent following of readers who love to understand how cosmetics and beauty really work thanks to the original and non-press release posts (aka the Definitive guides). I also know Kandace Westmore of the Westmore clan in Hollywood also adores Koh Gen Doh and she also reads my blog.

Is there any way of getting samples of Koh Gen Doh instead?  Not only because I was BORN in the country that created the line but also I am an old woman whose blog has been underappreciated by many brands but greatly appreciated by the biggest brand called Google.  Check out the featured snippets!!!

Is it possible to grant the wish of an old lady or will I have to die without ever knowing how great this brand really is?

Olivia, The Unknown (and underappreciated) Beauty Blogger



I apologize to Kandace for name dropping.  I hate doing that but I had no other way because my blog doesn't have that super duper big fake bought large number of followers.

Here is the answer I received from the sweet PR person.

Hope you are well. Unfortunately, we do not rep Koh Gen Doh. So sorry! I hope you get to try it soon!

Best,
D****



The PR person is right because I misspelled the brand but you know what I meant!  Anyway, as an old lady, I guess I was imagining seeing the name Koh Gen Do on the website.  OR I am in a parallel virtual universe where this PR does represent them.  I don't know.



Was I dissed missed???

Well I tried, right?  Yeah, back to falling off the bottom rung!  Hope you liked my adventure.  Pretty much what I have done for the past 7 years.  I think I should stop trying to climb and just hopscotch along!!!




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact