[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Pigments, The Colors, The Conservative Makeup Haul


Lately, my hauls have to consist of careful planning. For one, this blog has a "o" dollar budget due to real life bad luck.  Two, as I mentioned, the hype over makeup has me burnt out.  This is why I went back to the primitive roots of makeup, back to pigments.  You could say I am trying to get in touch with the inner workings of what makeup used to be, colors worn to suit my personality and skin.  This is why I decided to buy more pigments from DIY Cosmetics.


After my post on the  A Visual Guide to RCMA Foundations, I had began to wonder if I could just create a foundation just for me.  I wanted to mix and see the process of how pigments worked.  But, before I could do that I had to buy some pigments.  I jumped on the DIY Cosmetics 50% off sale.  If you haven't known about the sale which I mentioned in my previous post, they are getting rid of their pigments including their great mineral foundations.

I am not quite ready in buying the individual pigments to create my own foundation base.  Therefore, I bought DIY's premade foundation bases and some titanium dioxide for my other pigments.


The bag of foundation pigments come in Fair, Cool, Warm, and Cocoa.  They also had an Olive which I was too late in obtaining.  However, with these four, I figured I could use them forever!


The colors may look off in term of foundation colors but that is because they haven't been mixed.  The Fair is the lightest and is close to the color of tumeric.  Cool is like a cinnamon powder while the warm is like curry.  Cocoa pretty much looks like cocoa powder but a bit more red than brown.

The swatches show the concentrated colors in each mix.  Hard to believe these actually will enhance skin tones.

These pre-mixed foundations are mixed with a mica to make them easier to blend than the usual matte pigments which are more chalky.  I won't get into the details on mixing in this post, you will have to wait for the next post.

You may be wondering why I bought so many different bases when I only have myself to create foundations for.  Well, I figured I could use the bases to create beige and fleshtone colors of eyeshadows and such.  We will see how this goes!


Olivia




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives