You either like them or hate them. They just don't work with makeup like the usual makeup tools since silicone doesn't absorb the product. It just slides around the face like a hockey puck on ice.
Because silicone doesn't absorb, they are perfect for the foody texture Asian beauty products. You know the ones which are described as pudding, mochi, and mash potato. Using fingers may be faster but when they are stained, wiping them constantly becomes a hassle.
On Amazon, Fwee applicators cost $10 each with the exception of the black silicone tip one which is priced at $8.99. This one is the original one which I bought about 2 years ago and hardly used it because I found the 11 mm head too small for cheeks and too large for the lips. Then, Fwee comes out with more sizes which I have eyed for a while.
I bought the Fwee Jumbo for cheeks and the mini head one. The mini head is 8 mm and is great not only for lips but for those cream/powder eyeshadows too. Since Revlon had a dual-head, I bought that one too. Maybe, I was a fool to buy a $10 silicone tool when Revlon offered theirs for just under $6.
They aren't the same!
Revlon provides the simplicity of having two different sized heads. They seem to correspond with the sizing of Fwee's cheek one and the regular 11 mm sized one. The dual head are capped on each side to keep the silicone clean. This also makes it handy for the purse and travel-friendly.
There are a few faults with Revlon. For one, the manufacturing is sloppy. I know the applicator will eventually come apart and I will have to glue it back together. You can see there is glue snot beneath the ferrule. It also doesn't stay steady when used because it isn't glued tightly. The ferrule doesn't stop the cap from hitting the silicone when capped. This can rip the silicone later, Putting the cap back on is like playing a game of Operation, you need a steady hand since it moves due to it not being properly glued. The silicone is also less firm than Fwee. This means it has to be pushed harder onto the skin to blend. This could also cause the silicone to rip since the pressure could break the silicone cover.
The other fault which is the deal breaker and makes me glad I spent money on Fwee; it smells like a bicycle tire!
Fwee doesn't smell. Also, the silicone on any of their applicators is much more firm than Revlon. This makes it so much easier and faster to blend makeup. The caps stop at the designated rim and there is room between the silicone and cap. They are well made products.
Even though Revlon may look like a bargain, in the end it really isn't that well made. Fwee may cost more, but the silicone is better quality. The best sizes to get are the jumbo and the 8 mm mini size.



