[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Indie-Pendent Post - Mosha Katani Sormeh


As you know, I am crazy about kohls especially the cone shape crayon, and I would try any other form only if I could trust the ingredients.  Lo and behold, I came across Mosha Katani's shop on Etsy.  Mosha Katani is a very talented Los Angeles based makeup artist.  She created powder eye kohls housed in beautiful containers resembling a Genie bottle.


I know you are saying Guerlain has a powder kohl.  Yes, but this one is different.  First, there are five colors to choose from:  Black, Gray, Rustic Brown, Navy, and Nude.  Second, they are made from natural ingredients.  Third, they are specifically made for the waterline, therefore are non-irritating.  Fourth, they are made to stay on all day.

I ordered three colors: Navy, Rustic Brown, and Nude.  I figured I pretty much know what black looks like on me.  Gray may be a softer version of black (which would be good for fair skintones or blonde hair and blue-eyed people) but I skipped it too.  I wanted the colors that were usually unavailable.  When I received my order, I was surprised at how beautifully boxed they were.



Mosha Katani Sormeh

Each one comes with the bottle, magnetic business card, directions (ingredients listing), and a brush.  The brush alone is probably worth the price of the product of $28USD.  It is very well made and it has a CAP!  The bottle itself can double as a paperweight, it is that heavy!


There might be a learning curve to using these especially if you aren't used to applying makeup on the waterline.  If your waterline is watery, wipe it with a kleenex first before application to allow the powder to stick better.  Apply what is on the cap, instead of dipping the brush into the container or else you will get too much.


I apply the color first then apply the rest of my makeup.  After my eye makeup is done, I apply more on my waterline.  The powder also doubles as an eyeliner which I did use in the pictures except for the Nude color which is only on my waterline.

Sormeh applied

I found the Navy and Nude the easiest to apply.  Rustic Brown does apply easily but the saturation of color was too light so I applied a little squalane on my brush then used the powder.  I also tried water and that worked as well.

As I mentioned before, these are non-irritating.  I have worn these all day and completely forgot they were on.  They just feel like nothing.  They also last but washing them off is easy, just use an eye makeup remover or cleanser.  Mosha mentions that they could stain.  Honestly, I haven't really noticed a noticeable darkening or staining of the waterline, so if you are worried about that don't be.  Besides, if you used the Nude everyday and it stained, then you would have that wide awake look for days.

I am definitely not disappointed with these sormehs.  They are well worth the $28USD (no longer available filled but can be bought empty for $19). Sormehs are available individually for $19 each. Buy Mosha Katani Sormeh at her Etsy Store and tell her Olivia from The Unknown Beauty Blog sent you!

Ingredients


Mosha Katani calls herself the Queen of Kohl.  I have to disagree.  She is the Goddess of kohl.  Here is a short video on how to apply her product.





Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives