[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

What One Wise Owl Wants in Eyeshadows


Okay, so all is fine in my makeup world, in the life of a mature woman.  But, what happens in the life of someone much more wise like my mom? As she puts it, she is old but not dead yet!  She still loves makeup but with the majority of brands catering to the teen crowd on YouTube, she is pretty much left to fend and find stuff for herself or from me.

The Glow


Check out: My Philosophy on Makeup for Mature Women

I showed her the two powders I made for myself, she thought they were nice but they were powders or for that matter loose eyeshadows.  I explained to her the multidimensional possibilities with these pixelated wonders of pigments.  It didn't matter, I might as well have been selling her a black & white tv (remember those?), she wanted something more modern and easy!

"Why can't it be a cream eyeshadow?"

"I don't have anything to turn it into a cream," I reluctantly answered.  She gave me that motherly stare, you know the one where mothers know you can find a way.  Back into the lab.

I had some mixing medium leftover and changed ONE of the powders into a non-creasing cream eyeshadow.


I had an empty paint pot container and filled it with the Wise Owl Optic Cream Eyeshadow.  (Like the name?)

Remember, it was originally this:


I honestly didn't think the mixture would work.  I admit it isn't a MAC Paint Pot but it does apply like a non-creasing cream eyeshadow.  And, I have to say it is one amped up eyeshadow base too!

Here are the results on a wise owl and for that matter someone in their 70's!

Wise Owl Eyes


Not only does it do what I want it to do which is capture the light in the most perfect way, it also makes eyeshadow more dimensional and easy for my mum!  With the exception of the peach powder (used in the last post) in loose form (which I begged my mum to use in that form), she used the usual taupe eyeshadow and a dark brown eyeshadow and eyeliner.  The glow and the fluctuation in colors are the result of the cream eyeshadow.

Not bad, eh?

Check out the tutorial: Brightening Up Wise Owl Eyes


So, what do you wise owls or for that matter the ones who are turning mature and wise; what do you look for in makeup?



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives