I am very late to Flower Knows. I will tell you why, I just didn't feel the brand to be part of my makeup life. The ornate plastic packaging, cleverly weighted to feel like a luxury line. I like simple minimalistic packaging but the urge to try a brand once hit me. I had been trying other Asian brands and I had to try the ever popular Flower Knows.
I bought two blushes because they were on BOGO sale at Amazon. One blush retails for $28 USD. I am glad they were two for one or really half price which is the usual price in other countries. I read that most brands will inflate the price for the US or western consumer because they will PAY that amount. I also read that Flower Knows is more of a drugstore line and isn't really loved in China as it is here in the US.
Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, Proya which only owned a minority stake in the brand, now owns 51% of Flower Knows. I don't know if this is good. They make it sound good, but usually when this happens, quality suffers. To hype up more stuff into the western world occurs and hyper-influencing becomes the main point. Expanded profit margins are the goal.
This is just my opinion, so I could be totally wrong and Flower Knows could bloom into a beautiful rose of a beauty brand.
Back to the blushes. I bought one from the Little Angels Collection and one from the Midsummer Fairytales Collection.
- Rose Ashes from Little Angels Collection - A cream blush. Described as Greyish Pink according to Flower Knows. Completely different. This is a warm tone blush and more of a muted peach pink.
- Ballet Fairy from Midsummer Fairytales Collection - A powder blush. Described as Strawberry Milk Pink. This again is a warm tone blush and is more of a milky peach coral.
I won't be buying anymore Flower Knows products. My curiosity has been satisfied. Flower Knows isn't made for mature skin. The blushes sink into every pore and wrinkle. They will also emphasize every piece of dry skin. This is something to think about if you have dry patches. If you have oily skin, the oil will eat up the colors. The blushes are not pigmented at all.
Even though Flower Knows is manufactured by Cosmax, the same one as Girlcult, due to the quality and ingredients, I feel the product isn't as refined as Girlcult. Same goes for the powder blush. If you are a wise owl person, and curious to try a C beauty brand, start with Girlcult. Flower Knows will end up in your drawer or you will end up gifting it to a teen because it looks beautiful on THEIR skin!





