[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

How Makeup Has Turned Us Into Idiots


Is the title a little harsh? I am not saying I am in the smart category by any means. I have been turned into an idiot too! Let’s face it, we are inundated with so many products for just one simple reason, just to apply color to our face.


Check Out: Best High Definition Makeup Products


A recent email from a long time reader, Deborah, asked me the following:

1. Now that makeup has changed a bit in formulations the last 5 years or so ... what is the order I should put it on?  I don't usually wear moisturizer or I get enough moisture from the other products, so I skip that.  Should I go 1. sunscreen 2. primer 3. whatever's next -- bb or foundation or skin illustrator gels ... i.e., the color products? or does primer go first?  I think it does.  

When I read this, I thought to myself, “How complex makeup has become!”  In fact, Olivia Sr. has asked me the same questions many times over.  Each time I have given her a different answer because she will start with, "Well, the last time you told me..."

There has never been a time in my life when makeup has become a burden rather than a fun ritual of contentment.  I don't remember ever questioning myself of any makeup application order in my youth.  It was simple; moisturize, concealer, foundation when necessary, powder face, apply eyeshadow, mascara, and a bit of color on the lips.  That was all.

Nowadays, I look at the pile of similar makeup products from primers, mascaras, to foundations and hang my head in shame!

I know how to wear makeup, but the cosmetic brands have turned me into a complete IDIOT because of all the steps I have to take to achieve photoshopped perfection!  And, why am I trying to achieve some fantasy perfection when I live in REAL LIFE.

I walk in the sunlight or artificial light.  I don't have perfect lighting to follow me around.  I don't walk the red carpet and I certainly don't have the paparazzi following me around.  So, why should I care about what a celeb uses to get the great looks when they have a makeup artist applying the stuff and I only have me and my life for makeup?

And, I shouldn't!  Like I mentioned in my last post, inner beauty should be enhanced for it has been bred without the help of makeup.  I should listen to what my skin feels comfortable with.

The less I have on my skin, the more it looks better and the longer it actually lasts.  Piling up layers and layers of pre-makeup products doesn't guarantee long lasting makeup.  A simple application of just powdering and nowadays a good makeup sealant spray (like Blue Marble Selr) will set the makeup for the rest of the day and even night!

So, Deborah, to answer your question, the best answer I have is, if your skin feels good enough with the moisturizer or the moisture you naturally have, then your next step is just to enhance your complexion with color!

I do have more to say about this and will continue in a future posting with some tips on good makeup application.

 
via GIPHY

Tell me what you think?  Are you fed up too?  Do you actually have time to do your makeup anymore?  What the hell has happened to makeup?


Olivia




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives