[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Is Claudio Riaz Instant Shadows Eye Brush Worth It?


In my last brush post I spent $65 on a darn gel liner brush.  It didn't come with any fancy butler or special make up artist.  Nothing.  This post you get to see a $95 eyeshadow brush and you can call me insane!


This is a Claudio Riaz Instant Shadows brush ($95USD).  As you know, his brushes are only sold in one chain of prestigious department stores called Barneys New York.  His brushes are cut in a 3D way to help in makeup application on the face, eyes, cheeks, and lips.  They are suppose to make take the technique out of makeup and put in easy application into the brushes.

Again, you see the handle is a bit bulky.  Compare this brush to the usual everyday all-over-the-eyes eyeshadow brush (which cost me only $3) and you can see the size difference.



See the difference in the brush head?  Yes, it is big.  This is suppose to instantly apply three shadow colors onto the lid simultaneously.  As you can see by the way it is cut, the bump of the brush falls into the crease while the slanted sides shade the browbone and lid.


The brush itself is somewhat firmly packed to keep its 3D shape.  I am really not sure what type of hair it is but I can tell you it isn't the softest hair nor is it a stiff type.  It could be goat hair.

I dipped the brush in three different colors, the center is the darkest for depth, the lightest for the browbone, and the medium tone for the lid.


In one swipe the brush should apply color and shape the eye.  Yep, right!


The result is messy and unreliable.  Maybe, it is the shape of my eye since I do have the Asian eye.  The medium color mixed in with the crease color so it didn't color the lid.  The powder fell onto my cheeks and made streaks.  This isn't too instant of a brush because I have to blend and clean up the mess it made.

I am not a fan of this brush because it isn't really made for my eyes.  I know Claudio shaped his brushes from many eyes but I wonder if he had any Asian shapes in mind.  I can tell you that most of his eye brushes aren't made for me.  Then again, I don't think the one-size-fits-all philosophy of his brushes works.  Sure, the shape of the brushes can make you think makeup application will be a breeze but so will a little practice.  Besides, wouldn't it just be easier to make stencils and blend with a cheap brush instead?

Please, next time stop me from making these ridiculous purchases.  I would rather buy a new pair of jeans!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives