[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Heroine of All Taupes - Illamasqua


I get weird cravings for makeup.  During the spring/summer months I want bright shimmery/metallic colors.  I guess I just want to look as pretty as the hummingbirds flying around.  During the fall winter, I crave for neutrals and I craved for a taupe.  I decided upon Illamasqua Heroine (£15.50 - $20USD), a nice neutral taupe.


Illamasqua Heroine looked like a taupe that was neither warm nor cool in tone, it looked just right but different enough from the other taupes I owned.


I didn't have to worry about the texture of this eyeshadow because I knew it would be smooth and easy to work with since it is made by Illamasqua and many pro artists love the line also.

Compared to my other "taupes" or shadows that I consider taupes, this one has a very slight ashiness to it but nothing that will lean towards grey.


If you are looking for a dark or more ashy taupe, this will not fulfill that need. I would consider this close to a beige, maybe a matte beige brown similar to Stila Puppy.  Yet compared to NYX Taupe, Heroine is more taupe and more pigmented.


Here it is used as a soft crease color, perfect for that polished or natural look.  It gives just enough depth without looking too dark and to differentiate from the browbone color.

All in all, I like this one for its smoothness, pigmentation, and color.  Definitely, a nice addition to my taupe collection and my future Taupe Museum.  Something tells me I should get Illamasqua Hollow!


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives