[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Ben Nye Media Pro HD Coverette Cover Up Concealer


This is the last product in my small Ben Nye haul.  If you have been reading my blog, you may have noticed I buy more concealers than I do foundations.  The reason being I wear concealers more consistently than I do foundations.  With this strategy in mind, I figured I would try the Ben Nye Coverette concealer.


Check Out: Pro Makeup Products - Why & How You Should Try

The last time I tried Ben Nye Coverette ($9.50), it was in the cream form which was more wax and oil based.  This one is reformulated and more refined to suit the HD era of film and television.  If you want to try this version, make sure you buy the version in the red box pictured at the beginning of the post.  This way you know you are getting the reformulated stock.

Coverette Cover Up is the concealer in the Ben Nye line.  You may see other products like Mellow Yellow, Mellow Orange, etc.  Those are neutralizers which are almost a different category altogether.  You also may have noticed that there are only 3 colors available in the Coverette: Ultra Fair, Fair and Medium. I bought it in Fair and since it is concentrated in pigment, it will look darker in the pot.


Only three colors, why?  From what I have learned about this product, the Ultra Fair works on skin tones from porcelain to light/medium.  Fair works on light/medium to tan.  Medium works on anything darker.  Yes, that is all there is because this really isn't suppose to be used on its own.  If the color matches your skin, that is great; you found a match.  However, for the majority they won't match and that is okay because foundation should be applied on top.

Ben Nye is all about layering products to get the most realistic result of color for the skin.  This means powdering the concealer then adding more will not mess it up.  I like to use concealers this way. 

Prepping the skin for this product can make a difference.  In the picture below, you can see Olivia Sr. (my mum) without the Coverette and with.  Her skin type is mature and slightly dry.  I told her to use it without any eye cream for better adherence.  She didn't like the idea at first, but the concealer settled nicely without feeling dry.  I am not saying to skip your eye cream or routine but if it doesn't feel quite right, less product is always better in terms of skin care for this.  You can also see under the eyes, it provides that slight luminosity or glow thanks to the silica.


I do like this concealer for its price and fantastic quality.  I don't think you can get a highly concentrated jar of coverage for less than $10 and have it made in the U.S.A.  This is why Ben Nye is such a great line!


Media pro concealer ingredients:  caprylic/capric triglyceride, carnauba wax, talc, ozokerite, polymethyl methacrylate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, silica, kaolin, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.  May contain iron oxides, titanium dioxide, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide green, red 6, yellow 5.  Parfum free

*Bought by me.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives