[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Mixing, Melting, Creating with MaqPro Cream Palette


Sometimes, a pro product can be a hassle for the average makeup junkie.  Take for instance my MAQpro lip and cheek palette. The packaging and the individual colors could be a bit more consumer friendly, especially when one is in a hurry in the morning or at anytime of the day or night.  This is where mixing, melting, creating the colors and packaging them into convenient containers really save time!


The most convenient equipment to melt cream makeup products is the simple mug warmer!  Stay away from the candles, lighters, and big stove; you don't need to burn down the house for makeup!

Check out: Best High Definition Makeup Products


For a mixing bowl I have a mini silicone bowl which you can find at any baking store.  These usually come in a 4-pack.  Silicone bowls are nice because the creams don't stick to them as much as a metal measuring cup.  However, a metal measuring cup will hold heat better while pouring making for a smoother result when transferring into a container.

For mixing and tweaking cream colors I use a ceramic tile and a metal makeup spatula.


I mix the colors and swatch until I find what I feel is right which is the 3rd try. Next, melt the colors in the bowl.  Make sure the colors completely melt.


Pour into a container of your choice, for me I chose a simple screw top container from DIY Cosmetics.

The mix of MAQpro colors created the perfect  concealer color.  No more mixing onto the hand 3 different colors in the morning.  One color in one container!  I have been using this one for a couple of weeks and the texture has not been affected at all.  In fact, it is as smooth as the original.

Lip Palette

Since my MAQpro has some lip and cheek colors, I decided to transfer them into a lip palette I bought recently.  The brush wasn't included, I took that from my Ben Nye palette.


What I like about the DIY lip palette are the aluminum pans which are included to insert into the plastic ones. This makes melting the creams easier since they are melted directly into the pans.

Again, I use the mug warmer and this time I place a piece of parchment paper on top because if any of the cream melts and over flows, it will just be on the paper.  Also, it makes it easier to remove from the warmer because those pans get hot! Choose a color and just allow it to melt.


The end result is a pretty nice palette of wearable lip and cheek colors for me.  I mixed some of the colors to suit my needs and my taste. Not bad at all!  So much easier to use than the original container!

Now after melting these creams, I am beginning to wonder what I can mix next!  Any ideas?



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives