[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Notes on a Haircut


Creating sections is important because for one, it makes cutting the hair easier; two, they really tell the direction of how to hold the hair and cut it.  (With the exception of blending.)

The most common areas to determine the length of cut are the fringe (bangs) and the nape of the neck.  I don’t see these two as such because the area between is what really creates the actual volume and shape.  The two areas can be the guides but sometimes they do give a cut some soft difference. 


Take the nape of the neck.  For me, the hair here is screwed up, I have a swirly cowlick and when I make this to be the actual frame for a cut; my hair ends up longer on one end as it begins to grow due to the weight.  Therefore, if I had a long haircut, I would cut this area only short and wispy so when I put my hair in a ponytail or put it up; I would have that nice wispy bits of hair on the neck.  See what I mean?  Same goes for the front.  Make it shorter than the actual front length.  However, these are just choices but you see how these two areas are alike.



Now, take a look at that little sliver of hair from the front-side area.  This is the area where the hair just hangs down and forward.  Sometimes, it is bothersome so you place it behind the ear.  Whatever you do with it, how the hair is cut here will determine the angle of the entire haircut.  Do you want it to angle upward, downward, straight?


The most important section of a haircut.  Well, to me it is because as I might have mentioned, it is the constant.  Why?  The hair blends in the back, side, and top.  The length of this section will determine the overall layering and shape of the haircut. 


The area below the occipital bone or the below the bump and above the nape area gives the bulk and length to the hair.  This is where some variations can occur, it all depends on how you want to cut that area with the guideline created.


How the hair is sectioned also tells how the hair should (can) be held.  Horizontal sections, are easier cut horizontally while vertical sections are cut vertically.

There you have how the sectioning works for a haircut (and not to mention how my brain functions as it analyzes the shape of the head).  There are other details like blending and cutting the little bits of hair which stick out to make the cut more refined.  Texturizing is important with the texturizing shears, regular shears, and razor.  The amount that is texturized depends on the hair and where the bulk occurs.  Too much and the cut is destroyed.

I thank you for allowing to empty my brain a bit.  I hope to show more posts on hair shape and such since I am making the Definitive Hair Guide.  I will make it easier next time and include some simple tips and tricks.

Peace, love, rock and roll!  And remember, a nice mention of this blog is always appreciated!


*Disclosure:  I don't claim to be some great hair guru.  I just like to explain difficult beauty stuff.*



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives