[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Trying to Recreate Beauty as Original as Ladurée Makeup


Sometimes makeup becomes more than just the colored pigments, it becomes this image of pure sophistication and beauty.  Take, for example, LaDuree Rose Petal Face Color.  The beauty of the packaging and the delicate rose petals just redefine makeup.  Makeup is to decorate not only oneself but to decorate your vanity.

From Ladurée

I thought about my minimalist collection of makeup while I munched on a bag of barbecue potato chips (crisps).  I don't have anything pretty in the collection and certainly nothing really sophisticated for others to envy. I don't even have a great vanity many of the big bloggers/vloggers own.  I just have a train case. You could say I am just someone who likes makeup with the average packaging.  And, this got me thinking!


Why couldn't there be makeup packaged just as original as the rose petals?  How about makeup everyone could relate to?  Something common.  I had to take a trip down to Dr. Olivia's Lab.


Okay, I admit I am not a doctor, nor some cosmetic chemist.  I am just someone who experiments with bags of pigments from Just Pigments.  (Yes, I am plugging this site because it is my favorite place to buy great quality pigments.  I get nothing from them.  But, please mention my blog for good karma!)

Like I said, I am not a cosmetic chemist so I don't have the ingredients they get to play with.  I had to improvise and use what I had in the house.  Don't worry, none of what I used is poisonous!

Here is what I started out with.  I used a magical substance not found in stores or makeup supply sites.  No, it doesn't harm the skin.  It is very safe.  It is also vegan and gluten free! I mixed it with sterilized water.  What I like about this magical ingredient is I don't have to heat it up or anything.  Just use as is.


Next, I added some pigments to the mix. I mixed it thoroughly to evenly disperse the color into the liquid.  After it had been thoroughly mixed, I poured it onto a non-stick surface and allowed it to dry for about a two days.


How would I repackage makeup for the everyday beauty lover who didn't have the sophistication of the French?  Like this!


That's right! I made chips of pigments or what should I call it, makeup crisps?


Imagine running your brush over these makeup crisps to apply soft washes of color anywhere on the face.


Yeah, that is right, a bag of makeup crisps for the everyday makeup lover! What do you think?




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives